Thursday 17 September 2009

'Cuz I Wear My Own Kind Of Hat.

The life of a college graduate who wishes to impact the world, but is stuck deep in financial debt, absolutely sucks balls. ha ha ha ha...I wonder if there can be more to life than what everyone makes it out to be. I have to believe that life is more than getting a 401K and an annual salary. I believe life is more about the relationships you grow in, and less about what you do in life.

But at the same time, my whole focus these past couple weeks have been trying to find a job that pays money so that I can pay my bills. You see, when you travel to Africa for two months and you don't work- your income goes down and your bank account goes to a big fat 0.  :)

This week I have been soul searching for what kinds of things in life I am willing to barter my soul for in order to pay bills. So far I have thrown out prostitution, and killing. I cleaned windows for this company out in L.A. this weekend and made $100! I have also been trying to get involved with this homeless shelter in Costa Mesa. I figure perhaps I can help people AND pay bills! :) On a morning walk this morning, doing my quiet time and applying for jobs nearby, I might have acquired a job teaching worship band lessons at Orchepia School Of Music! I just walked in and asked if they would hire me, and wouldn't leave until I got a job. :) ha ha ha...actually, God just really opened a door for it, and I walked in.

This past weekend marked the final goodbye to one of my best friends Michael Knippa. He is off to Cambridge for a whole year of school, and I will miss him a lot. I hope to see him on Skype a lot. I had a friend from Oklahoma/South Africa come and visit me this week as well. He will be missed terribly by me once he goes away. But I know that more music videos will be coming between him and I for quite some time. :)

My band- The Orange Effect- plays their first show this weekend. It should be a huge turnout, and I believe we are going to rock it out big time. We have been practicing for this night for a very long time and I can't wait to hear the live product!!!! We play in Huntington Beach, so people let me know if you'll be in the area!

It's weird being in Irvine after graduation. All of your friends go to college still, and other people give you this look like why are you here on campus- don't you have your own life? But, the thing is, those people are a huge part of my life. And I don't care where they were located, I would do what I could to be around them and be a part of their life. I guess I'm saying that if peeing my pants was cool, you could consider me Miles Davis. I like those people, and I want to be involved in their life. To love them. To have them love me. etc, etc, etc...

I'm searching for a church job. But contemplating if the church is really where God wants me to invest my time and energy into. Perhaps He has a bigger canvas that He wants me to paint on. I wrote a new song about it, and I'm in love with it. It came out of my body in like ten minutes, and I believe it was sent from heaven as a glimpse of something that the angels sing to God continuously. I have a solo gig this Sunday night in Anaheim. I think it will be a lot of fun and I'm excited to see how I do. :)

Life is exciting. Growth is difficult. Love is hard.


Peaches.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You should read "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Donald Miller. After reading your post, I think you would really get a lot out of it.

After you read it, let me know what you think!